The Warren County Historical Society welcomes artifacts and archives from Warren County. The criteria used to accept these items are as follows:
- The materials collected must be relevant to and consistent with the purposes and activities of the society.
- That the Society can provide for the storage, protection, and preservation of the materials under conditions that ensure their availability for museum and research purposes and in keeping with professionally accepted standards.
- The materials, if possible, should be documented as to provenance. Provenance is not an issue for library or archival materials.
- All moral, legal and ethical implications of acquisition must be considered.
- Considerations in regards to duplicate objects already in the collection and foreseeable use of the material must also be considered.
After an item is approved by the acquisition committee, it is assigned an accession number and a Deed of Gift and Thank You letter are mailed to the donor.